Friday, September 12, 2008

another day in paradise!!

The glorious weather we are having makes me dread the rainy season ahead, so we took advantage of the day and drove to Detroit Lake and then took off up toward Breitenbush and up, up, up to Elk Lake to have a picnic. For those of you that have never been to the Northwest, here is the beauty that we get to enjoy...
Trees, as far as the eye can see... We went so far up the mountain!!
At the end... this beautiful lake...what a place for a picnic!!
There were still wildflowers everywhere! I have to look back on my comments. Someone left me a wonderful comment about using Picasa to blog...it works great...but it will only let me put on 4 pictures at a time. normally that isn't an issue, but today I want to put on more...can anybody help me??
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Ah. . . Thanks, Laurie. The beauty of our northwest can't be described or truly captured in photos. We were at Detroit Lake on our way to the Cascades over Labor Day weekend. I never cease to be captivated by the beauty there. ~Adrienne~

Anonymous said...

We live in a beautiful part of the country don't we Laurie. I live on Vancouver island in Canada and have travelled the Pacific Northwest many times. It is truly paradise. Pat

Barb Hartsook said...

Your photos are glorious... I hope to get to the beautiful Northwest one day -- right up into Canada. Thanks for sharing these...