Thursday, September 4, 2008

New Fall Birdie

I just love it when one of my birdies lands on its new home, and it all comes together... I think this would look so great mixed in with old silver, pumpkins, and leaves
I found this wonderful piece of lace to use, pieces of old jewelry, old buttons
The little heart looks washed out, but it is just charming...oh oh oh...I also included this little bottle of mica. I also did a little watercolor on a hang tag...a nest on one side and a pumpkin on the other. I love this old sugar bowl, it has the most beautiful soft patina on it.
I really need to work on my photography skills, everything looks washed out...I know one thing that I am doing wrong, I have it on the lowest resolution because I dont know how to downsize for blogging, if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them....I just added this little guy to my EBAY button in on the sidebar at the top.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new bird!!!
Go see my tutorial on how to downsize, its so easy, and then take your pics at high resolution!
Your birds are delightful you should do a tutorial on how to make them !
Diane

Anonymous said...

Laurie, I have trouble with lighting too. Mainly because I don't know how everything on my camera works!

The little black birdie is a departure from your usual pastels and it is stunning with the silver! I like the way the pincushion sort of poufs out in a rounded way and echoes the rounded shape of the sugar bowl too.

You're right...this would look perfect with orange in a fall or Halloween setting.

Diane

Michaele Sommerville said...

Laurie, every time I check in on you you always manage to have created a new FAVORITE of mine! I LOVE the black bird-you're right, it will look wonderful with autumn decor (though it looks awfully good under that cloche, too!)!

Michaele

Nancy said...

Oh Laurie...I just love your little black birdie...the whole piece is so lovely. You do a beautiful job!

Hugs, Nancy

Unknown said...

I love your new fall birdie! Very very pretty!
Tammy

Anonymous said...

I love these!!! I see why your site is called Charming Designs! P.S. Thanks for the kind words you left on my blog. Very few leave coments so it was a treat!!! For me