Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Birdie Pincushion on Nippon China cup

My latest little birdie. Beautiful hand painted NAPPON china cup. I matched the color of the birdie with the blue in the cup. I added a hang tag. I painted the nest with metallic paints
I am adding this sweet cup and birdie to my ebay
I have a bit of exciting news for myself...I was commissioned today to paint a couple of panels at a brand new lodge/resort Moonstone Hotel that is to opening Oct. 1 the Hotel is connected to our "becoming famous" Oregon Gardens . I have to have them done by Fri. I'm putting Daisies on one and Hollyhocks on the other. I'll keep you posted.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOOO HOOOO Laurie,

Way to gooooo!!!! Pictures please;c} :c}

Will you remember us little Bloglandians when you become a shooting "STAR"???

Pattie :c}
Mazatlan Mexico

Anonymous said...

Laurie,

Pretty! Did you know that "Nippon" means "Japan"? I love those style teacups! Especially the bits of gold mixed in.

Love the tag and the pincushion.

Congratulations on your commission! Yay, girl!

Diane

Unknown said...

Congrats on your new commission! That sounds wayyyy cool. I hope we get to see pics when the time comes!

Your Nippon teacup and birdie are lovely, as are all your birdie pincushion!

Auntie Joy said...

Hi Laurie,
Wow,how cool to paint a wall! I love the Garden and the people I have met from Moonstone are so sweet. I did the quilt show there last January.
The postcards are from Mod Digital pages 7 and 10. I changed the color, but pretty much left it the way it was, unusual for me because I love all the tricks! But I have other stuff I must work on occasionallly!
JOY!

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

I`m asking to all the Bloggers to support our dear FRIEND Mandy!
Please do come over, and DO LEAVE A COMMENT!

Kisses
Debbie Moss

Thanks so much for your SUPPORT!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

The tea cup is pretty but the birdie matching the wonderful color is really striking!
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Way to go Laurie!! Congratulations on the commission. Be sure to post some pictures if you can, I'd love to see them!

Adorable little birdie pin cushion and hang tag.

Have a great evening!
~Erin

Miss Jean said...

How exciting for you. The Oregon Gardens is one of the places I want to stop at next time we are up there. I'll look up your picture!!!

Congratulations.