Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hollyhocks and Tinkerbell

I just have a few minutes but I thought I'd share a funny (not funny, haha, funny) Last night I needed to look on craigslist to see my add for one of my units...well, I dont look on craigslist...but I thought...hey, lets see whats under "arts and crafts" a lady had put an add on..."needed, artist to paint Tinkerbell on wall" so, I emailed her, she hadn't hired anyone, so I went to visit her this evening and was hired...whoo hoo!!! I'll share my pictures with you. I have to have it done before the end of the mo. I'm working on one of my panels...I'm trying to be good and taking pictures of the process to share with you...I thought it might be better to dedicate one post to it, rather then a bit at a time...I have to have it done by tomorrow night. I'm doing the Hollyhocks right now.

12 comments:

Adrienne said...

Laurie, I can't wait to see what you're doing! I'm glad you saw the Craigslist ad and got the job. I know you will do an incredible job - wish I had a wall that needed a painting. ~Adrienne~

Miss Rhea said...

Cant wait to see pictures, I just know it will be lovely and sweet. I just had a call from an old client the other day needing some painting. Ummmm, HELLO !!! I told him I haven't painted in like three years !! lol !! I wish I could have though. Ill bet you are having a blast painting Tinkerbell and Hollyhocks. :)

roseroomnz.com said...

Wow Laurie, how call is that!!! Rachaelxo

Betty said...

What fun to find a job online that's actually near you and within your talents! I can hardly wait to see the finished artwork!

Emma's Paper Patch said...

wow! can't wait to see it all finished!

Anonymous said...

It will be gorgeous I am sure of that!!
Diane

Anonymous said...

Oh Laurie,

You deserve all the success that your hard work and dedication brings you!!!

Pattie :c}
Mazatlan Mexico

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Can't wait to see it. :)

Mrs.Kwitty said...

FUN!! Enjoy that painting job--I can't wait to see it when you are done!

Love your Hollyhocks panel--really gorgeous!

Smiles, Karen

Sandy said...

Laurie,
I am trying to find out if you sold the bird and shoe that is on your banner. Forgive me but I am such a goof that I can't figure ebay out to find your designs. I would truly love to purchase this one if it is not sold. Thank you.

I can be contacted at
srpbabb@hotmail.com

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

How cool is that?? I can't wait to see - hope you get some "in process"!

Dawn said...

How nice......