Monday, September 8, 2008

No Photo

I laughed so hard today...heres my story... My sweet kitty LOVEs to scratch his face on everything...the cordless phone...corner of my laptop...the edge of a cup, the corner of my purse. Well, I was standing up at my table working on my pincushion. Now this small table was COVERED with everything...flowers, leaves, birds, glue, glitter, paint, jewelry, needle and thread, floss, container of beads that I use for eyes, wool, brushes, blush...ok, are you getting a visual??? So, as my sweet kitty came up to get a kiss on his forhead...he saw the stick (starbuck stir stick)aaaah yes! the stick...well, I use my stick to get the thick sticky glue out of the bottle..I put it in a cup with glue up...uh huh. yep, he did it...rubbed that wet sticky gluey stick all over his whiskers (quickly I must say) well, when he lifted his head and the stick was stuck to him....he freaked out!!! Yep...Acted like that stick was going to beat him, as he swatted and jumped...EVERYTHING flew off the table, the stick went flying, kitty went flying, after checking that he was ok, I got to laughing and had trouble stopping...Yes, he still has glue in his whiskers.lol

15 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Hey, you may have started a new trend...altered kitties (oh - that didn't come out like I meant it - I mean - like "altered books" or altered art...lol)
I bet that's one pretty kitty! Hope everything's OK and so good that you can laugh at what must have been a HUGE mess!
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a good thing they have those 9 lives!!

While the glue was still wet on his whiskers, maybe you could have put a little glitter on them! ;-) A missed opportunity!

Diane

Anonymous said...

PS: Love the banner!!!
Diane (again)

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

I can just picture that!!
Gotta love cats and all the amusement they provide us!
:)

Anonymous said...

Hee! I can just picture it now! Once, when camping, my sister's cat, hopped up on relaxants because he freaks when he travels, well, he was high, and went to 'kiss' the candle, while it was lit! He ended up being okay, minus a whisker or two!

Vicki Chrisman said...

lol ... oh how cute!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ... a story meant for kitty lovers indeed! I can just 'see' the ruckus now! hahaha

Bev

Unknown said...

Oh Laurie, I can just picture it, lol! Poor kitty, lol! I am glad you were laughing though! I bet it was a mess! It is a good thing we love our animals so much, isnt it?

Hugs,
Amy

Rosie said...

oh, poor puss - not nice to have sticky whiskers:) Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Hope kittty is glueless now!

abcd said...

Hi Laurie,
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Cats are so funny, they just have to be into everything don't they? I bet it took a while to clear up the mess. I just love your little birdies.

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

How is the kitty now?No damage,I hope.I love pinchusions.I like the one in your banner.XOXO Marie Antionette

BumbleVee said...

I started to laugh the second I read glue and glitter....I could see kitty whiskers covered in sparkledust!!

Dawn said...

Too funny, sounds like my giant coon cat, he's smart......I think!

Diane Mars said...

Well now why didn't you get a picture of that silly kitty of your or the mess she left behind. Your lates creations are soooo... pretty!
Hugs, Diane

Holly said...

Ha! Poor kitty! But I do think it's so funny when they run from imaginary enemies! (The guys think it's way funnier though!)

~ Hearts ~